Course Terms and Conditions for online and blended learning
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Full payment for the course must be made prior to the commencing the course and for practical courses ideally 2 weeks prior to the attendance.
- Full refunds for online courses will be given up to 30 days after purchase. Any refunds after this time are entirely at the discretion of the management.
- For practical courses full refunds are only available up to 14 days prior to the course, 50% refund 7-14 days and less than 7 days there is no refund. If people need to rearrange we will do our best to accommodate them.
- Course fee Payments can be made via https://onlinefirstaid.com, http://www.firstaidforlife.org.uk or by bank transfer, over the telephone by debit/credit card or by cheque made payable to First Aid for Life and sent to 74 Ramsden Road, SW12 8QZ).
- Course fees include E-Learning, Assessment and Certification and face to face tuition on Practical courses and Blended learning. All other costs such as travel, lunch and accommodation are the responsibility of the student.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the course is suitable for their requirements. First Aid for Life and First Aid online Ltd are happy to offer advice but accept no liability in the event of the course content not meeting the student’s requirements.
- First Aid for Life reserves the right to cancel the dates or alter services, but will endeavour to give as much notice as possible. In the event of a cancellation First Aid for Life will try and transfer the booking to the next mutually convenient date unless the client states otherwise.
- First Aid for Life reserves the right to alter advertised course venue and trainers. Where a change of venue takes place, all delegates will be informed in writing no less than 24 hours prior to the course start time.
- First Aid for Life and First Aid online Ltd reserve the right to decline applications.
- Students are required at all times to observe and abide by all policies regarding health and safety, security, suitable conduct and behaviour and any other regulations set out by First Aid for Life.
- If a student breaches any of codes of conduct or suitable behaviour whilst attending a course, completing the course or during the booking process, First Aid for Life and First Aid online Ltd reserve the right to remove the student from the course, cancel their online log-in or decline the student’s booking. In the event of a student being removed from a training course, no refund or remuneration will be made.
- All course contents have been carefully researched by First Aid for Life and First Aid online Ltd and are believed to be the most up-to-date and factually accurate information available at the time of creating the course.
- All content within a course is provided for general information only and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of a doctor or any other healthcare professional. First Aid for Life and First Aid online Ltd is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content of the course. Always consult your own GP or other relevant healthcare professional if you’re in any way concerned about your health, your child’s health or the health of anyone in your care.
- These courses are written according to UK guidelines (British Resuscitation Council UK) and UK Voluntary Sector Guidance in UK English. We do not accept any liability whatsoever if these courses do not comply with guidance in any other Country or if there is a change to meaning in translation. People purchasing these courses for use outside the UK should check with their local resuscitation and local First Aid guidance, prior to purchase.
- For Practical courses it is essential that you are in good enough health to undertake the practical nature of the course. Although adaptations can and will be made – for Accredited and Regulated courses it is a pre-requisite that in order to be awarded the full certificate you will need to be able to safely operate on the floor to perform CPR on a mannequin and roll another person into the recovery position. We will make all reasonable adjustments to help people to safely comply with this requirement and if this is not possible, will issue a certificate omitting this part of the course. Please advise us of any pre-existing injuries or illnesses prior to attending the course. If you have an acute problem that prevents you from being able to fully participate at the time of attending, it may be possible to return to be assessed on the practical elements within a 4 week period of the course.
- First Aid for Life and First Aid Online Ltd takes bears no responsibility or liability for any illness or injury whatsoever potentially resulting from attending or participating in our courses or as a result of putting the training into action in a real life situation.
- First Aid for Life and First Aid online Ltd advise appropriate precautions to prevent infection and accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for infection resulting from contact with body fluids when carrying out First Aid.
- Unless a group course or licence is purchased, the course purchased is for one person and should not be shared, copied or distributed without prior written permission from First Aid for Life and First Aid Online Ltd. First Aid for Life and First Aid Online Ltd own and retain full copyright for all images, content, videos and other elements pertaining to the course.
- These courses do not seek to replace practical First Aid training and should be viewed as an additional resource to learn these vital skills.
If you have any concerns about any of these Terms and Conditions please contact Emma Hammett email@example.com or call 0208 675 4036 prior to booking a course with us.
First Aid for Life
First Aid Online Ltd
74 Ramsden Road, Balham