Essential First Aid for All Ages
This course is designed to give you an introduction to the first aid skills and knowledge needed to help an adult, baby or child in a medical emergency. The training consists of illustrated step-by-step directions, flow charts, diagrams, videos and a short test yourself section fully compatible with all computers and mobile devices. You will be able to stop and start as often as you like and on completion you will be able to print your certificate. It is also equivalent to 2 hours verifiable CPD.
It is impossible to cover all eventualities within this course, or to equip you with the knowledge and skills to appropriately diagnose and treat in unpredictable real life situations. If you suspect illness or injury, you should always seek immediate professional medical advice.
The author has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within the course, however this course is merely a guide and the author does not accept any liability or responsibility for any inaccuracies or for any mistreatment or misdiagnosis of any person, however caused.
The course material has been written by Emma Hammett, qualified nurse, first aid trainer and founder of First Aid for Life in conjunction with other medical and first aid professionals. If you have any queries concerning this course, please contact email@example.com
- Keep yourself safe
- Priorities of treatment
- What to put in your first aid kit
- Information to give the emergency services
- The primary survey – how to help in an emergency
Unresponsive and Breathing
- Recovery position
- How to put a baby into the recovery position
- How to help a choking adult
- How to help a choking child
- How to help a choking baby
Wounds and bleeding
- How to treat a bleeding wound
- Embedded objects
- Treatment of shock
- What to do with a burn
- Dressing a burn
Breaks, Sprains and Dislocations
- How do you know if they have broken a bone?
- Treatment for soft tissue injuries or possible closed fractures
- When to call an ambulance
- What to look for and what to do
- Head injuries
- Recognising if the head injury is more serious
Final Lesson, Test Yourself and Certificate